Thursday, April 16, 2009

Knight's Ferry

Saturday, April 11th our running club, ShadowChase had a run of the month at Knight's Ferry.  It's been awhile since I've been out there to run.  
We met at SaveMart at 7 a. and carpooled out.  Robert, Anita and I drove together.  Robert and I both had to be back before noon.  We arrived and of course, took a group photo.  
We decided to head out Sonora Road.  It was an exceptionally windy day and as we headed out, the wind was facing us.  Sonora Road is very hilly and the wind made it worse.  Robert, Anita and I started out and soon Anita fell back.  We ran around a 9-10 minute pace out and about an 8 minute pace on the way back.  The wind, of course was pushing us along.  Team in Training was out there also and they were kind enough to let us replenish our water bottles at their aid stations.  Robert and I ended up doing 14 miles.  Most people averaged around 10, some doing as much as 20.  It was a nice day.  I arrived home in time to shower and head off to work....

Run fun...   

No comments: